Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Kindle Death! - New Gift Project :D



So I am always looking for neat things to make for people, being a person of currently limited means financially but an abundance of craft supplies it works out nicely (the time element aside).  Just last night I remembered that one of my new besties had mentioned having a Kindle.  Knowing her appreciation for that which is handmade and similar love of skulls as I have I found this pattern on Ravelry and knew I MUST make it.

Melli's Kindle Death Cover

At first I just planned on finding a nice stitch pattern or design, functional but pretty, that would do nicely in the two shades of blue (one solid and the other variegated) that I had leftover from two orders from her previously.  After going through 15 or 20 (I really don't remember though) pages of patterns I at last came upon the one I chose.  I immediately recognized the chart as I had found it while searching for Fair Isle skull charts months upon months before.

***

I started this post a while back figuring that I would be done with it in a fairly short time period.  Due to baby issues, starting a day job, and just needing a break from constant crafting it took a bit longer than I'd thought it would.  In the last hour I finally finished it and will be including a "How to Crochet" booklet with it and a handwritten note.  I'm eager to hear her reaction when she gets it too! :D

...sew many things, sew little thyme for ewe and eye...

No comments:

Post a Comment