Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Mickey Mouse Blankie - Freebie!


In December I had a bunch of orders and coupled with the two custom orders before in November I was quite busy at the end of the year.  With one order I decided to include a nice "extra gift" because I got the idea for it and it was just too cute to not try.  A Mickey Mouse blankie for the plushie I was commissioned to make (so the bunny could be "like him").  I chose Mickey because he is the favorite of the little boy in question.

Lately I've gotten into a lot of Geek and pixel related art  (as becomes evident with my handmade Green Lantern symbol and Galaga "screenshot" hat template).  Working with pixellated images harkens back to those 16 and 32 bit games from "yore", yea that's right the good ole 80s with its comparitive to now bad graphics.  It's also much easier to graph something based on squares for crochet, knit, and cross stitch.

So I finished the blankie, with some minor edits to the color for simplication and to use what I had, and I'm pretty pleased about it.  The buyer is ecstatic and I'm confident her son will love it!


This is the original image I based my chart on.


The finished project turned into a blanket, it was 10.5" x 11" in single crochet.

...sew many things, sew little thyme for ewe and eye...

No comments:

Post a Comment