Saturday, April 30, 2011

Something Nice for Me!


As an artist and crafter it's rare I make anything for myself.  Even when I begin to I usually mark it for sale in case someone else wants to buy it...generally that means I really will sell it if someone wants it (versus making another one), but I have had a piece of art or two that I couldn't part with when I later thought about it.  Thankfully this is rare, but not uncommon among artists.

This project is a variation of something I just recently made (and sold) - our Super Bright Orange Armwarmers.  Having completed them once we "get" the idea behind the pattern and are now ready to improvise and change them around.  Really make the pattern "ours".  Should this be successful (and we're determined for it to be) this will help us in designing another set of arm warmers we were trying to before (based on a lace panel pattern) we've made before.  Conceptually speaking making things in the round is our preference as it allows for a "cleaner" look we think and takes out a step in th finishing process.



...sew many things, sew little thyme for ewe and eye...

No comments:

Post a Comment