Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Knit Wit - Part 1


Recently I received some donations of yarn and some other crafting supplies from a fellow artist.  She had been coming through my area for a funeral and received some leftover supplies from a relative who no longer had use for them.  The bulk of her donation was a lot of yarn - most of it not too much but ranging from half a skein to full skeins.  I made a collage (as she requested pictures of all the yarn) and posted it on my store's Facebook profile.  But as I went through the mass of yarn I came across a curious set of objects that I at first couldn't identify.  They were various squares and circles with a post sticking out from the middle on one side and a small top that turned.  When turned small metal pins spiraled out from the circle or square.  Not one to throw anything away I set the first aside and discovered more as I went along.  By the time I had finished sorting and winding yarn I had accumulated 3 square ones and 2 circle ones, as well as instructions (thankfully).


While I haven't tried it out yet it's on my to do list of projects.  There were a number of projects included with the instructions and I'm sure with a bit of practice I can get the hang of this odd object!


...sew many things, sew little thyme for ewe and eye...

No comments:

Post a Comment