Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Scrap Afghan


It's funny how as an artist I'm ever making things for my store with some pro-bono work on the side, and yet I never seem to find time to make anything for myself or even my family.  And for the latter, even when I do, I always offer it up for sale "just in case".  On one hand I see this as a little horrible, I mean...shouldn't they come first?  But I am an artist by trade and I need to make money so I do what I do.

One such exception seems to be my stash work.  Generally I use the leftovers of yarn I have for scrap projects.  If it looks particularly good I will add it for sale but at least half the time it's so-so.  I have been working on a scrap afghan for awhile now.  Originally I was making an unending granny square, at one point though it just looked absolutely hideous and I opted to frog it and start over.  The newer version is comprised of four round granny squares that are linked in the "join as you go" fashion that I love - thanks Lucy for your wonderful tutorial!

When I first started this project I wasn't quite sure what I wanted to do with it but have since decided it will grace our queen size whenever I decide it's done.

Pictured below - squares at 6x6 stage






...sew many things, sew little thyme for ewe and eye...

No comments:

Post a Comment